Dear Members of the RABC,
These are extremely difficult times and we do hope that everyone is well. In light of the current situation the committee have agreed the following:
Until restrictions are lifted there will be no formal club activities, this includes the beach clearing, dinghy racing, the shake down cruise and henceforth all events will either be cancelled or postponed.
We accept that people will need to visit their boats for maintenance and safety checking but urge you to keep these visits to a minimum. As any safety or difficulties with moorings would require multiple people to attend we wish to remove this possibility. However this activity must always adhering to the latest government health regulations, social distancing guidelines applicable at the time.
We know that some, our commodore included, wish to sail in and from the estuary but, however strong the temptation please refrain from doing so. It is the policy of the Club that no sailing should occur until the public restrictions are raised.They are there for the good of all and any sailing in the estuary will reflect detrimentally on RABC and our “service” to the community will be tarnished the last thing we want to do is to put anyone at risk.
We will get through this and I so much look forward to that time when we can again, meet at the boat park and freely congregate.
The best we can do for the present is to keep out of each others way. Please look after yourselves, your loved ones and those around you.